Monday, August 8, 2011

Ugh list of the nasty customers I've met

I haven't posted in a bit, mostly because I've been so busy but also because some of the stuff I've encountered is disturbing.....

In the past week I've had customers complain about not being able to do returns.  Best story by far happened Thursday.  I'm called to the register for a customer concern.  Customer purchased an umbrella the day before because it was pouring.  The umbrella apparently was broken and the customer wanted to return it.  I politely tell her no because of the liquidation.  She asks about an exchange.  I then state that we cannot accept any exchanges as well (per the same reason).  She asks to speak to a manager, I say that I am one.  She gets snippy saying that she got soaked because she purchased this faulty umbrella.  My hands are tied I say.  She again tries to exchange and again I say no.

She knows she's not getting anywhere with me so she asks to speak to my manager, who of course is on break and not in the building (along with our liquidating consultant).  She then states that this is why we are bankrupt (yes truly because we are following the rules of the liquidation company THAT is why we are bankrupt), and that my entire staff deserves to lose their jobs.  She must have seen a spark in my eye because I'm sorry you do not have a problem with my staff you have a problem with me enforcing a rule which is printed behind the cashwrap on black and yellow signs as well as on the bottom of her receipt which she didn't have!  I wanted to scream at her until she said that I deserved to lose my job....ok thank you for not stating my staff deserved to lose their jobs, just me.  She walks away and I go to leave the register area when I hear her yell for me again.  She wants my managers name, I give it to her shove the piece of paper I wrote it on in her hand, smile and say "Have a nice day."

As she is going out the door, the associate who called me up in the first place calls out "Well it's obvious she has never purchased an umbrella in the city, by the time you go into the first store it's broken!"

sigh, I've had another customer tell me it's not fair that we have certain books of a series in bargain and others are not, I said to him "Well it's not fair that 30 people in this store are losing their jobs but I can't do anything about that either!"

Love liquidation......This week is spirit week, there's been minimal participation but the fun days are coming....Tomorrow Pajama day, Wednesday Halloween in August, Thursday Storybook Character day, Friday Sports Team pride day and last but not least Christmas in August complete with Holiday music whoooot!

It's the little things that I like to make it fun for them all...I love my staff as if they were my blood family....

No comments:

Post a Comment