Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saying Goodbye

This is something I can't figure out how to say at this point.  Today marked my boss's last day.  I am now the GM of the store.I must admit at one point I really did want to be a GM for Borders, but I really didn't want it in this way.  I am thanking God right now that I have a very supportive team behind me.  My liquidating consultant has been phenominal, I have heard so many horror stories about how evil some have been.  Thankfully mine is not, he buys us food and coffee and respects how hard we work.  

I also have wonderful staff members who have my back (you guys know who you are).  But for right now I don't know how to say good-bye to this place.  This place that I have grown to love through thick and thin over the past 8 years.....The best way I can express how I feel are through lyrics from the Muppets of all things!

The song Saying Goodbye takes place during Muppets take Manhattan when they say good-bye to each other when their plans do not go the way they wanted to.

So for now I leave you with the song...Maybe within the next 6 weeks I will find the words to be able to say what I want to say...

 Saying goodbye, going away
Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say
 Touching our hands, wondering why
 It's time for saying goodbye.

Saying goodbye, why is it sad?
Makes us remember the good times we've had
Much more to say, foolish to try
It's time for saying goodbye.

Don't want to leave, but we both know
Sometimes its better to go

Somehow I know, we'll meet again
Not sure quite where and I don't know just when
 You're in my heart, so until then
It's time for saying goodbye.

Somehow I know, we'll meet again
Not sure quite where and I don't know just when
You're in my heart so until then
Wanna smile
Wanna cry
Saying goodbye

La la la la, la la la la
It's time for saying goodbye
La la la la, la la la la
La la la la-la la la.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. That totally is making me cry all over the place. I feel like that is our theme song. We need it on a mix at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually the cd I have with that on there (along with some other Muppets songs) is in my blue case which I believe is at Info. Between that and I'm Going to Go Back There Someday I become a puddle!

    ReplyDelete