Friday, September 16, 2011

It is finished....

It's been a long time, a very long time since I blogged.  I do not wish liquidation on anyone.  Once the discount minimum was 50% people went nuts!!!  We closed on Wednesday and our vacate day was yesterday.  It was fun but sad.  The easiest thing I could relate this to is a death, with a 1.5 month longer wake and the funeral was yesterday.

One of the most emotional times was near the end.  Our consultant knew we had former employees come to the store so he said to us "I'm going to take my time going to Dunkin Donuts, do what you need to do."

We had a toast to our futures and the store, then we went outside to wait for him to come back.  Then he took my management team and I back into the store.  We all walked to info and then he said "You come with me while I turn off the lights."  we walked a bit further in and he turned to me and said "Im going to let you turn off the lights."  I had tears in my eyes while I continued on to the back of the store.  I turned the lights off in the stock room, then I turned them off in the break room and offices.  I walked up to the cafe and turned those lights off.  I followed the management team and consultant out of the store and made sure the door was locked.....

Such and emotional moment, but I wanted to be the last one out of the building and I was....I love my staff so much.  Today has been unreal, I've been texting with my staff but it's over.  I am relieved it's done but so so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment